Sunday 19 February 2017

Traveller - Part Two

I look at him, as he's staring into the infinity, at the sight of the mountains and the sky meeting. He narrows his eyes and lets out a sigh.

"Mine isn't the story that'd make you think, or make you cry. I have no agonies. I've let everyone and everything go. I'm a happy man."

He actually does look happy. Peaceful. The man standing in front of me, all funky, is just something else. He has a lot of friends, I know. But of them, who knows him? Maybe everyone, maybe none.

"Okay, so tell me, what is the first thing that comes into your mind about your childhood?" I ask.

He closes his eyes, and a his lips curve into a million dollar smile. I wait for him to speak. I know he will.

"My old house. It was in the old part of the city. It is like one of those settlements of ancient times, where people would build huge bungalows, called the Waada's. It was a beautiful place, probably one of my favorites." His eyes light up like Christmas trees.
This person, who shows all flirty and funky to the world, is just a child inside. I smile.

"Yeah, I know." I say.

"It was a huge place, you know? There were all pillars, and so many rooms. And a hallway just right in front of the main door. Which reminds me of the main door, it was pretty big, too." I can see the trouble he has, explaining the details to me. I am just looking at him and smiling. This child needs to be heard.

"Whenever we had holidays, my cousins and I would have a lot of fun. We've played so much, we've troubled people so much, oh my God." He says.

"Okay." I say, unable to hide my smile yet. He's cute.

We say nothing for a while. I stand beside him, looking at the sun that is still nascent. There are fishermen in a boat, sailing far away. He clicks some pictures of them, while I just observe him. All the time.

"I was in fifth grade when I had my first crush." He says, rather declares. I chuckle.

"Fifth grade? Seriously?" I'm trying hard not to laugh.

"Yes, she was in my tuition classes. She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. But I can't remember why she never liked me."

"Maybe she was busy learning the table of 13." I say, still giggling.

"Ha-ha." He fake laughs.

"What more?" I ask.

"I told you there's nothing hidden deep inside. I'm a shallow person. I'm just who I am. Straightforward, clear. You won't find anything in me that people write about. I'm just me." He says.

"I know. Everyone is worth writing about. Now tell me, what happens after your fifth grade crush?" I enquire, being a little serious this time.

"I don't quite remember. Fast forwarding to class 10th, I had this girl in my class, Tara. I don't know what it was that I felt for her was something that's just pure. In this world of selfishness and lust, she was like a dew. I liked her so much that I never dared to tell her how I felt. School ended, and we fell out of touch. But at the back of my mind, she's always there. A few years earlier, I came across her in college. She was still the same beautiful." He is smiling throughout his mini speech.

"O-kay." I can see he is transported back in time when he had this crush. He's looking past me, with a smile affixed to his lips. He's just nostalgic, and I'm seeing a different side of him today. This isn't the Bunny I know.

"I tried doing Engineering, but I didn't like it. So I dropped it. Did 10+2, then BBA."

"Your dropped engineering?" I ask, a little surprised.

"Yes, I didn't like it. What is the point in doing something where your heart isn't?" He counter questions me, leaving me speechless.

"Amidst all this, I've been a model, too. I was pretty good at it." He says mischievously.

"You've done a lot, haven't you?"

"If you say so." Irrelevant response.

We get back into the car, and bid adieu to the lakeshore. I don't speak much. It's his day of speaking.

I check the time, it's 10 am.

"You know, I believe in astrology. Once, I'd been to an astrologer, and he saw the alignment of planets, and told me that I'd become a legend one day." He says, driving.

"Oh, that's nice." I mumble.

"Not just that one astrologer, but quite a few have told this to me. It just makes my belief stronger. Also, I know a little astrology myself." He tells me.

"Wow, I am quite fascinated by this, but never really looked deep." I say, unsure of what to speak. I hope it's coherent.

"Yeah." He says absent-mindedly.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"To the church." He says.






Stay in touch, you guys. Traveller series is about someone who has recently had a great impact on my life. Not extraordinary, but everyone is worth writing about. And that's exactly what I am doing.
The last part coming soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment