Saturday 17 March 2018

Beyond words.

Hi,

I know we have just met. I know we haven't known each other for that long. There are millions of things we still have to discover about each other, I know we're still almost strangers who happen to know each other just a little.

But, oh! My life has changed drastically since I met you. For good, of course. You made me realize the simple fact that after every dark night, the day dawns and its every bit can be as beautiful as you believe it to be. It's funny how someone can have a such a deep impact on me in the so very little time that we've known each other.

You came into my life when I was an absolute mess, had hit the rock bottom, but knowing you has made me see that the only way to go from a rock bottom is up. You've been with me when I was finding myself, in the most inconvenient circumstances. And there are no words that can encompass the intensity of my gratefulness.

You get me, there's no other way to put it. I can be me when I'm with you and you'll know. There's no pretending to be good when I'm not, no holding back. Life has become beautiful because of your presence, for when I'm with you, I'm more me. I laugh more when with you.

It's probably a very cliché thing to say but I really thank my stars that made me come across someone as extraordinary as you. You've been my light through the dark, the colors on the canvas of my life, because without you, I was just plain. You came and made me the art I have become today. You've added joy to my being, happiness to my heart. I'm a better person with and because of you. Everything I do or don't do is just an attempt of showing you how much you mean to me because lately, what I'm feeling for you is beyond words, yet I'm trying to gather some and make sense out of it.

When I look at you, I see strength. I see the person who always pushes me beyond my limits because you believe in me. And you've believed in me when even I didn't. I am what I am because of you. I have transcended beyond my grief and let go of things that were poking me just because I knew you'd be there to catch me when I fall. And look how I fell -- for you!

"You're my living, breathing, screaming invitation to believe in better things." You've revived me. You made me feel connected -- to the world, to you, to myself somehow. I feel eternal and full of energy because of you. You made me believe that the ones who want to will always climb the walls I've built around myself, no matter how tall those are. I was the person who always just wanted to be done with the day, but now, here I am, hoping and looking forward to a new day, every day, with you by my side. I don't intend for this to get all cheesy but that's all I can do, all I have is words. And I won't let go.

I have happy 3 ams because of you now, when in the past, I used to be drenched in my tears and agony. You healed me in places I thought I'd have wounds forever. You're my adventure, and also my calm. You have been the one thing I have done right in my life, and no matter how much I write, I don't think I'll ever put things I feel in my heart into words.

It all comes down to this -- I am me because you have been you.

- Someone who loves you.

1 comment: