Monday 5 March 2018

I'm not the girl people fall in love with.

A stupid, desperate attempt to write a poem. Here it goes.

I won't say I'm not beautiful, because I am, but in a different way.
I will make your insides whirl but won't let you have a say.
I'll make you think, I'll make you cry.
I'll play with words, you'll know I'm sly.
I'll be your spring, and also your rain.
I'll be your cure, but also your pain.
I'm not like her, I'll never be.
... Maybe I'm not the girl people fall in love with.

You'd forget the world when you're with me.
I'll give you strength, but you'll go weak in your knee.
Fierce and powerful, my love you'll see.
I'm a lone wolf, that's how I'll always be.
My words like fragrance will stick by.
Once you drown in my truth, you won't lie.
See? I'm not like her, I'll never be.
... Maybe I'm not the girl people fall in love with.

My words like arrows will hit your heart.
Your soul will churn, like pricked by a dart.
I'll be your rainbow, even on your sunny days.
You'll see how I'll love you, in a million ways.
I'll kiss your scars, then scratch them more.
Then I'll be your band-aid, stick to the core.
I'm still not like her, I'll never be.
... Maybe I'm not the girl people fall in love with.

Even after long, in your memories I'll stay.
I'll shine bright, like the day's first sun ray.
I'll run my hand through your hair,
You'll love me, but you will be scared.
Half the time, you'll skip a beat,
When we'll be one, you'll feel my heat.
Am I like her yet? You know I'll never be.
... Maybe I'm not the girl people fall in love with.

1 comment:

  1. Thts a great poem....the poem has an feeling...great work

    ReplyDelete